Friday, February 4, 2011

NYIGF 2011

This has been my first year in the New York International Gift Fair. I am used to the London design fairs were you can see almost everything in a couple of hours. The extension of this exhibition caught me by surprise! The first day I ended exhausted but I also had to come back the next day (this time with light jacket, comfy shoes and a bottle of water) Anyway, it was worth it. Here are some pictures of the things I liked the most:

Zentique was hands down one of my favorite stands 
 I always liked the idea of a seetee as an alternative seating for a dining table 

The quality of the Chelsea Fabrics furniture range is great and the laquered
colors are beautiful. I particularly liked this Mid-Century inspired chair.
 I love spindle chairs so I was happy to see that Julian Chichester
created a version of it. In their catalog they show a very similar chair
with a faux bamboo finish but this one is nicer.
Manglam Arts came from India to exhibit their nice range of 
mother pearl inlaid furniture and vintage quilts.
 I want that purple chest of drawers for my daughter's room NOW!!!
Beautiful artwork from Briana Sophia for Natural Curiousities.
Glass bottles from Peddlers
My friend K reflected on the mirror :)
These faux animal heads from Roost are cute for children bedrooms.
 Nice chandelier from Ro Sham Beaux

No comments: