Wednesday, March 23, 2011

AD Home Desing Show

I had a great time at the AD Home Design Show on Saturday. I discovered a few new brands and I had the chance to chat with the designers. I love listening the story of their beginnings. It is always very inspiring.
These were some of my favorites booths:

Bryant is lovely and very interesting to talk to. She explained me how she got fascinated by the textiles and culture of Morocco during her honeymoon.  One night she dreamt of creating a line of blankets and since then she haven’t stopped pursuing her dream. She now has a beautiful line of alpaca throws made in Peru but also lots of pillows to combine.

This is the first year that Darly Preminger was exhibiting at the AD Home Show. Daryle is an interior designer.  He created this new line of cushions after searching for similar things on the market and not finding what she really wanted. All the cushions are designed in a neutral palette but with the interesting textures of the natural fibers.


I not only liked her booth but also wanted one of her lamps for my dining room... They look industrial yet handcrafted and delicate. The wall lights are great too. Check out her website and the nice video and blog about their manufacturing process.

I specially liked this picture from their website. The lamp works perfectly in a traditional kitchen with those antique Louise XVI that I also want for my dining room please!




Orley Shabahang handmade Persian carpets.


This brand was new to me but they have been producing rugs since the XVI Century. Geoffrey Orley’s daughter explained me how they create their own designs inspired in Persian architectural motifs and nature.


No comments: