Monday, March 14, 2011

Hotel La Malcontenta

Lázaro Rosa-Violán is one of my favorite interior designers. I first learned about him a few years ago when I went for a drink to the Pulitzer Hotel bar in Barcelona. It was love at first sight and since then I have been a fan of his work. Last summer I had the pleasure of staying at La Malcontenta Hotel at my cousin’s “V” wedding. I wanted to share with you some of the thousand (not kidding) pictures that I took while I was there.


I love these rugs. They look worn and very spanish

This is the sitting room area in my bedroom...

more of the sitting room...

and this was my bedroom...

Ah! and finally the bathroom...
I was lucky and I think I had one of the best rooms :)

Ikea has similar frames. You can create an affordable version by buying 
a colorful frame mat and b/w old prints from a flea market.

Cute small artwork at low level to enjoy it while seating in the sofa.


The tables of the restaurant are set for the big night

Love this hand painted chinoiserie panels with the Louis VXI style chairs

I miss the breeze and the summer in Spain...

No comments: